2024. április 19., péntek

Brian Bilston: I'm Dreaming of a (Statistically Improbable) White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a (statistically improbable) white Christmas,
just like the ones I've seldom known.
'Cos it's a great big Maybe,
the chance of snow is flaky,
as long-term data clearly shows.

I'm dreaming of a (meterologically unlikely) white Christmas.
The Met Office has let me down again.
In Jan or February,
it snows more readily,
let's hold off Christmas until then.

I'm dreaming of an (artificially constructed) white Christmas,
with every festive tale I read.
Curse you, Charles Dickens,
your snow falls and thickens
each Christmas morning, guaranteed.

I'm dreaming of an implausibly white Christmas,
meant in no racist sense at all.
I'm anti-prejudice
I'm no white supremacist,
I'm just begging snow to fall.

I'm experiencing a (disappointingly predictable un)white Christmas
There's not a single flake in sight.
But I keep on dreaming despite,
hoping one year Christmas will be wihte.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése