2012. október 27., szombat

John T Wood: Poem for Everyone


I will present you 
parts 
of 
my 
self 
slowly 
if you are patient and tender. 
I will open drawers 
that mostly stay closed 
and bring out places and people and things 
sounds and smells, 
loves and frustrations, 
hopes and sadnesses, 
bits and pieces of three decades of life 
that have been grabbed off 
in chunks 
and found lying in my hands. 
they have eaten 
their way into my memory, 
carved their way into 
my heart. 
altogether 
- you or i will never see them -
they are me. 
if you regard them lightly, 
deny that they are important 
or worse, judge them 
i will quietly, slowly, 
begin to wrap them up, 
in small pieces of velvet, 
like worn silver and gold jewelry, 
tuck them away 
in a small wooden chest of drawers  
  
and close.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése