2016. február 11., csütörtök

Rane Arroyo: Always

We met in proud Utah and wore opaque  
vodka on those vague Sundays for the  
unfaithful on your dangling back porch  
while dreaming of the very New York

where we entangled for the last time.  
Te quiero, you said there, my ears as  
paths. You then vanished with a macho  
because I had a lover, because we’d

never ride across Russia together in  
that frozen train, because listening  
to A Chorus Line all those weekends  
didn’t teach us the foreign language

of our bodies, because of your career  
as a model after years as a military  
mannequin, because we never expected  
adios to be our actual parting last word.

Because, because, and because. You  
turned around to stare at me and I waved  
back: I love you too. What an education:  
poetry always demands all my ghosts.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése