2024. szeptember 1., vasárnap

Brian Bilston: The Only English Pope

I know this one. It's Adrian the somethingth.
That's a handy piece of knowledge, that is.
Always thought it would come in useful.
For the general knowledge round, obvs,
or the papal picture round, if there is one.

Yeah, real name, Nicholas Breakspear.
You can have that nugget for free.
As a rule, there aren't that many famous Adrians:
Mole, of course. Chiles. Edmondson.
What's that? No, the wall bloke had an H.

Don't know much about the guy beyond that.
I mean, if you were to ask me to expound
on the political advisability of his alliance
with the Byzantine emperor Michael I Komnenos,
I'd look at you askance. Not a clue, mate.

But if it helps, I can tell you the name
of the only Prime Minister to be assassinated.
Spencer Perceval. . What's that?
No, I don't know why. But it's not important -
I doubt there'll be an essay round, mate.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése